Thursday, February 16, 2006

IDOL CHAT

I am not at all addicted to American Idol. I ran 10 blocks through 2 feet of snow to buy a video recorder on Tuesday evening because we'd been talking about getting one for ages. It had nothing to do with the fact that I'd only just remembered we were going out that night to the Kenny-Young-retirement-from-proper-job-to-become-rock-n-roll-star-instead-party. (The sentiment behind said party clearly being the new idol-fever black around these parts). So coincidentally it was very handy to have something with which to record Tuesday's show...

(Incidentally they're only called 'VCR's' here - nobody has a clue what the word 'video' means. I wonder what they think the V stands for? Helloooohhhh.....? My request for a 'video recorder', then a 'video cassette recorder', was met with completely blank stares. So it was yet another of those 'pointing ' purchases. But don't get me started on the language barrier, because I'd run and run until at least next Tuesday, and I have TV programmes to watch.)

Anyway, we're down to the final 24 in American Idol and to prove that I (hopefully) haven't lost my talent spotting skills, I'm going on record here with my winner predictions. They are Paris Bennett or (outside bet) Taylor Hicks, (check out a lovely video clip of Taylor when he finds out he's through to the final on this AI blog- the guy simply IS music, and exactly what this competition should be all about).

So, you people who still have proper jobs, go sign them now...

2 Comments:

Blogger jimbobwoof said...

is this tit-for-tat for Codename Lizzy?

4:38 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Lizzy said...

What's all thsi Big Brotehr I know you are watching stuff?
xxx

4:43 PM, February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home