Monday, September 26, 2005

WITHOUT THE RAIN THERE IS NO RAINBOW

Under the weather today.
Literally.
90 percent humidity. Again.
When is it ever going to get cooler and rain? Longing for some proper London rain. All you get here is the odd droplet from faulty air conditioning units 20 floors up.

Out for dinner at a lovely restaurant in the East Village last night with Harry’s friends - a really fun bunch of people. Two degrees of separation in the air as one of them not only knows my NY friend the Rev. but also used to work at the Archduke 20 years ago. But seeing them all together, familiar with each other’s lives and quirky behaviour, just made me miss the commuter jazz gang. Want to go out with the cjazzers tonight. Want codenamelizzy round for tea. Want to go to the Archduke with the HM’s.

Turned on the TV just now to distract myself and after flicking through 1034 channels and still finding nothing interesting I’ve practically lost the will to live.
It’s clearly time to escape into the Harry Potter book I’ve been lugging all over the world for the past 2 months.

I’m done with this living here thing. Tomorrow I’m going to stop ever answering the door to the persistent pernicious pig-owner and start behaving like a tourist again.
          

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home