Saturday, January 07, 2006

DEUCE. ADVANTAGE FAGS. DEUCE. MATCH POINT. GAME SHARK.

As it is foremost in my mind (weirdly), I first have to report cigarettes - 0.
However, calories - something like 11,000.
Thank you for all your support, but soon it will be impossible for me to smoke anyway as I will be too huge to leave my apartment/bed in order to go out to buy any cigarettes.

Whilst I am waiting to become that large (which is probably only a matter of days away), I have discovered that cinemas are a relatively safe haven. For one thing they don't sell cigarettes. They also don't allow smoking. So even if they did sell cigarettes it would be pretty pointless. And they also provide entertainment to take one's mind off smoking for several hours at a time, although this would be an even more successful plan if there was a law against smoking in movies, and I don't mean in movie theatres now, I mean in actual movies. I was horrified to find that after having forgotten entirely about smoking for like a whole 25 minutes or something today, the sexiest character in the movie then proceeded to light a cigarette with virtually every sentence. It was like no words were actually capable of leaving her mouth unless accompanied by smoke. Honestly, it's no wonder teenagers start to smoke. (Yeah course I want one, jealous of movie character, teenagers, anybody with fag, hate them all, losers, bloody smokers, filthy habit, arg, want a fag, no i don't, oh yes you do, oh no i don't).

Anyway, as I was saying. Saw the new Woody Allen movie 'Match Point', which was very good. Not funny, but definitely very good. It's an 8/10. And without giving anything away - contrary to 'The Libertine', (in which I didn't really identify with any of the characters,) 'Match Point' plays this dastardly trick on you, whereby you end up sympathising with the most morally reprehensible character in the film. It is very clever and believable and perfectly paced. Definitely worth seeing.

Apart from that today, a really cool thing happened. I went back to the gorgeous clothes shop ('Soho Woman on the Park') where I bought my wedding dress. I've avoided this shop since arriving in New York for fear of spending lots of money I don't have, but now I'm not smoking I have at least a tenner to spare, and we were practically walking past on the way to the cinema today so......
Not only was I welcomed with huge hugs and open arms, but having tried on a very bizarre sharky Indian affair and decided to purchase it despite not having the money, the shop owner then proceeded to wrap it up and give it to me FREE as a 'welcome to New York' present. How totally lovely is that?!

5 Comments:

Blogger Catster said...

That is more lovely than a very lovely thing! Can we see pic of said outfit please, as it sounds fab! xx

9:55 PM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger jimbobwoof said...

yes- we lovely loveliness in sometimes not so lovely London. SO the lovelier the lovely the loverlier it is. Lovely pic please

5:11 AM, January 08, 2006  
Blogger jimbobwoof said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:11 AM, January 08, 2006  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Good karma innit - for you being so lovely.

8:57 AM, January 08, 2006  
Blogger purplemafling said...

Dear Lovely, That act was totally lovelier than lovely. Yes can we see the sharky indian thing please..........
Big xxxxxxs

1:25 PM, January 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home