Friday, April 21, 2006

THE HIGHLIFE

I have spent an inordinate amount of time at least 800 feet above this city since moving here. This is largely due to having a continuous flow of guests who all want to get high. Usually in the height sense. (It's an age thing I guess).

The current guests, however, have set a whole new level in vertical standards. And so it was yesterday, in honour of C's birthday, that I found myself in a helicopter. Short of a pilot with a private plane coming to stay, I think this is as high as I'm going to get in the near future, and I mean this in both senses of the word, as it was a pretty cool experience.











We're sensible people of course, so thought it wise to stop off at 250 metres for cocktails at the Rainbow Grill on the way back, in order to avoid whatever the opposite of the 'bends' is. Back to the 13th floor apartment next, because you can't be too careful. Then finally the brave amongst us ventured out to partake of the not exactly grounding earth-moving 35hz of bass loveliness from the wondrous groovemeistress Meshell Ndegeocello at Joe's Pub.

They're not at all demanding these visitors, but OVP wants to experience low-life next, so I feel a low-down and worse-than-dirty Bellevue night coming on.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:12 PM, April 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Makes you wish you lived in NYC! Ha ha.
Didn't get to wave back though..

3:25 AM, April 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home