Sunday, February 19, 2006

ENOUGH ALREADY

So we've decided to move. Well, I decided actually. But the TH, being lovely, has agreed. This apartment costs silly amounts of money (which we could really do with for things like the odd UK visit), and I think it's too big for us (although the TH doesn't agree on that bit). I mean seriously though, I've not been into the living room for weeks now.

The other decision-maker was the neighbour. I have had ENOUGH. And nowadays it's not just the thrice-daily visits or the piles of stuff left outside the door or the persistent 'advice'. Now my post is being opened and delivered with a 'sorry I opened these by mistake because of my eyesight!'

So I woke up one morning and there was the decision. Already made.
In a karmic strange twist of fate, it looks very much as if the gorgeous (smaller but cheaper) apartment I stayed in (with the lovely JB and Rev) on my very first trip to New York ten years ago, might become vacant sometime very soon. It would be an even more remarkable coincidence if it managed to become empty in exactly 3 months time, so as we don't lose our deposit on this apartment for leaving early.......but we shall see. Fingers crossed please.

Then when we've left I'm going to suggest that they turn our apartment into a pre-school for 150 kids. It's definitely big enough.

And Mrs N really hates children.

4 Comments:

Blogger jimbobwoof said...

wanna swap?

6:59 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Nick Zegarac said...

Sounds like a plan.

10:37 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Lizzy said...

It's been proven that all you need is wireless, a kitchen table, a fridge and a hob to live quite happily.
Let me at her, GRRRRRRR.
xxxx

3:07 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger purplemafling said...

Shark just needs kitchen table and wireless.xxxxx

4:03 AM, February 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home