Friday, October 06, 2006

WANTED - ROOM TO SWING A CAT

Catster has gone, taking the lovesick one with her. I kind of miss her ragged self, hogging my laptop writing desperate love notes with her sad little rule-abiding ways. That's Tina, not the Catster. Of course I miss the Catster too, only it's probably a good thing she's gone as she was breaking me with an excess of everything - day, night, killer cocktails, Wholefoods' Spanish nut mix etc. (One has to question the point of a painkiller delivery if they are all used up by the time said mule has departed, due to the mule's presence ....)
But hey, we had fun!

Now to the vexed question of finding another apartment, as our rent has increased overnight by $400 per month just as the Tactile Helpdesk's housing allowance from his company has decreased by considerably more than that. To all of you who haven't been to stay yet - too late. We will almost certainly be moving to something resembling a wendy house, or a 'one bedroom alcove apartment', which is estate agent code for a cupboard in somebody else's flat.

Meanwhile, I am living on the sort of pocket money I used to get to spend on Dundee biscuits (now missing, presumed dead) in the tuck shop at school when I was 11. Luckily I have a 10 book reading list for the jazz course I've recently started, so that should keep me out of harmful spending ways for a while.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

Skocked! Don't you know everything there is to know about jazz already!!!
That's 2 students I know now.
At my age.
xx

4:38 AM, October 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, here I come: benevolent and most probably useless in the long run.

I keep thinking of that damn Cathedral. Admittedly, I know very little of how grants, residencies, etc. goodies are being distributed amongst the laymen. Yet, I can't help but wonder if your enormous experience in programming wouldn't turn out to be that nanosecond of proof which may convince the eldermen to get you hired and/or give you money to refresh their senile sense of Jaz.

We are talking Paul Winter here. Paul Winter is the beginning and the end of this highly eclectic and somewhat innovative venue of jazz music.

I'm not entirely sure if a cultural coup d'estait is in order, but we can certainly give it a shot.

Give me a call and let's get our spears sharpened.

Regards,

Tsena

8:19 PM, October 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home