Sunday, November 19, 2006

ALL TOO SIMILAR

Unfortunately I re-loaded Sims 2 onto my laptop whilst a was sick a couple of weeks back, and what was meant to be a minor distraction through a few days of coughing, has become, just as it did the last time, more of a lifestyle than a game. Which is exactly why I uninstalled it two years ago....

The warning signs are back. Yesterday in Bloomingdales I tried to right click on some annoying people who were blocking the escalator and move them a few paces to the left. And as I walked along the street happily humming random little tunes, everyone else seemed to have blue bars and thought bubbles above their heads....

I have started to run my own life like that of a Sim - keeping careful control of the basic necessities, and trying to give some time each day to my aspirations so that my own bars stay the right colour and I'm making good general life progress. But when something disturbs this plan, I feel my mood changing and my white bar changing to green then red. The TH has lost his passport and we are flying to Europe on Wednesday. He tried to enlist me in a turning-the-flat-upside-down operation yesterday, just as I was gaining a cleaning point. He had no idea why I immediately had a hissy stamping fit in the bathroom, and to be honest, how could I explain?
('I can't do that now, I'm gaining a cleaning point! Then I have to gain a creativity point, and then I have to check on my Sims to keep my entertainment bar topped up.....')

Today it is clearly time to uninstall, but not until I've clicked on the TH and then on the washing up by the sink......

1 Comments:

Blogger jimbobwoof said...

Just trying to work out which life you are in at the moment - Sim Life, Blogosphere, MySpace space, or TH tinged reality - and which is the more real for you at the moment?

7:43 AM, November 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home