Friday, July 13, 2007

FACING UP TO THE PAST

My online life seems to have migrated to facebook, and as if that isn't bad enough news for this blog, I discovered from a 19 yr old last night that something called (if I understood correctly) 'asmallworld' is about to 'take over' from facebook. Blogging is clearly not even yesterday's news anymore, but more like a relic from the upper jurassic period.

Frankly, it's asmallenoughworldalready for me, as recently I've become re-acquainted (via facebook and myspace and everyone else's spacebooks) with not only pretty much every ex-significant-other I ever had, but also people I merely bought a lettuce off in 1979. If I re-discover any more friends or acquaintances from my very distant past I'm in serious danger of losing my mystique.

So anyway, I went to Canada. And that was a blast. Met some amazing people, saw some brilliant music and did some very successful research for next year's jazz project. Oh yes, and I went on a boat underneath this......



I was under the mistaken impression that Niagara Falls was one of the Seven Wonders of the World (which believe me, it should be), until I did some online research. It seems that nowadays wonders of the world are being created and re-named all the time, rather like online communities, and far from being just seven, there are now about 150 of them. But sadly no Niagara.

Whilst I was away the TH managed to enroll himself on a 275 mile sponsored bike ride. Which is all very well, except I had to point out to him that he didn't even own a bike. (Forward planning has never been one of his strengths.) So I sent him off to buy a bike and he also came back with an i-phone - which is apparently completely essential biking gear. Yeah right. He has since started 'training', which is a rather glamorous way of saying that he now cycles to KFC when he has a craving in the middle of the night, rather than walks.
If you would like to sponsor him, you can do so online here.
It's a very worthy cause, and he's determined to do it, though heaven knows at what cost in medical bills afterwards....

And now I must pack. Again. Tomorrow to San Francisco.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lobelia said...

have a great time in San Francisco! Hysterical posting! xoxox

9:00 AM, July 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home