Saturday, May 20, 2006

AH THE FINS.....

I am streaming the eurovision song contest live on my laptop (unfortunately minus Terry Wogan, without whom it is clearly not the same). This year it's just me and a mug of coffee, which makes it an even sadder spectacle than usual, it being a far cry from the 30 or so folks and crates of wine I'm used to at the legendary HH annual eurovision song contest party. I'm also not familiar enough with the Warsaw pact to predict the voting without Tel's help. Some things don't change though - the French entry failed to strike a single in-tune note and there appears to be more wind on the stage than there was in the south during Katrina.

I will be making up for the lack of party on Tuesday, as I seem to have accidentally invited approximately 8 people round to dinner, which is approximately 80% of the number of people I actually know in this city. (Note to self - must therefore take extra special care not to poison them.) The timing is slightly unfortunate, as Tuesday night is the American Idol final and I'm excited to say the least, as my original winning prediction, Taylor Hicks, is in the final two. I hope my friends are not expecting to talk to me or anything...

On top of which I've not cooked for that number of people since last year's ESC.
All fail safe recipes which need no kitchen intervention whatsoever very welcome.
I will be the one watching the TV.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

I belive the expression is called rain check.
Do it another night innit.
x

8:12 AM, May 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE FLEET-WEEK!!!! As they say in these parts: "Woohoo!"
Now I don't even mind that those jets woke me up with such a frightful start yesterday...... I get to be wolf-whistled by some cute young sailors on my walk home.
Nice.

4:09 AM, May 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home