Sunday, May 14, 2006

MELTDOWN


I have two bits of Meltdown news. The first is that David Bowie appears to be 'coveting' the RFH's long-running Meltdown festival and is staging the first 'High Line' Festival in New York in 2007. He was curator of the RFH's Meltdown in 2002. The festival went on for a couple of weeks, but unlike previous curators, Bowie was, how we say, 'less than present' for most of it, to the point where all the folks working on the festival took to carrying around a lifesize portrait of the man, just to remind themselves what festival they were actually working on. I hope he makes it to his own festival. Having said that, the day in which he did make an appearance, he was spectacular and did one of the best gigs I've ever seen in my life.
Anyway, we are clearly living in the Da Vinci plagiarising era, and we are also in New York, where yesterday is long gone and only tomorrow counts, so I daresay nobody else will even spot the similarity, never mind care. I do wish it were possible to copyright ideas though, having had a couple of stormers in the last week or two (well D had the best one in all honesty), but us being mere 'sax and the city' girls in NY, someone more influential would doubtless steal said ideas within moments of our revelations (yes, the ideas are THAT good). That's not to say that we're not having 'business lunches' about them though....and if there are any entrepreneur printers out there, please make yourselves known.

Meltdown two is rather more serious. The desktop died. This has resulted in hours and hours, no, DAYS of salvaging files, music and photos. Actually I've been trying to rescue most of the '90s if we're being honest about this. The tactile helpdesk is in serious danger of losing his title right now, and is holding onto it only because the information is still somewhere in the ether and I've been in a laptop downloading frenzy capturing it all over the last couple of days....
I think we're okay. But only at a price of $539 dollars, because frankly I'm so not in the mood to go through this hell again that I went out and bought a new ipod and a hard disk today, so that everything from now on will be in at least two places, and preferably three. 'I'm not really a computer person' the TH pleaded to me today 'I'm a person just trying to get through life'.
And in that endearing sentence lies one of the reasons I married him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i think the opening concert at the refurbished RFH will actually take place at Wembley Stadium - the bets are on as to who will be ready first
gh

10:17 PM, May 14, 2006  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Who's the sauce pot?

4:07 PM, May 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home